Monday, August 8, 2011

How We Get By.




In media res...

"Nope, then I stop talking and get mad at everyone."


"I hate it when I get depressed and hate everyone."


"Yeah, it really sucks, especially when you can't stop being depressed and mad."


"You can't just buck up and get happy."


"I envy happy people sometimes."


"So do I but they never see parts of the world that we do. There are tiny, tiny upsides to suffering from mental disorders. They are NOTHING compared to the downsides though."


"Yes, being able to understand people and be more sympathetic and all that jazz is great, but it's tiring dealing with this all the time and makes you want to give up."


"Id does. What's sad is if the depression ended, we would be so strong. We have the strength to survive the desire to kill ourselves and the hatred of our own existence. But it keeps coming back and shoving you down."


"I was told recently that I was stronger than I gave myself credit for. I don't believe it for this very reason. I'm weak. All I feel that most of the time I'm fighting a losing battle. It's like living in fear because sure you're ok for the moment, but it's only a matter of time before you spiral back downward again."


"But you ARE strong. You survive depression and still maintain a life."


"I guess I have that to be thankful for. But it's hard not to wish I wasn't here sometimes. I just have an awesome support group aka you."


"Thank God we're both insane!"


"Glad we both made it to the party haha."


"Depressed people gotta stick together."

1 comments:

Catherine & the Crazies said...

hey great post! :) i just discovered your blog and there's one i follow and i think you'd really like it http://barneynstilts.blogspot.com/