Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Parents...

Now that word just about makes every teenager run for fear. Unless you have a great relationship with your parents, which I suspect most don't. I, for one, do not have the greatest relationship. If you're like me, the more you're parents don't know the better. I'm scared to death to even let them know what's going on in my life. Every time I do open up, I immediately regret it. Yes they love me no matter what, but they're also very disappointed with me a lot of the time. I don't like disappointing people; unfortunately that's pretty much what always happens. Nothing confuses me more than parents. They want to know everything, and say they're not going to flip out. Low and behold, they do. At least my parents are like that. Anywho.
The point of this blog is how parent take out their anger (if any parent happens to read this blog, my apologies). Sometimes, not all the time, they try not to blow up. Yet somehow that always leads to them taking out they're anger on everyone else. I find that rather ironic. Instead of dealing with the problem right then and there, they choose to make everyone miserable. Why is that? Thoughts please?
Don't get me wrong here: I'm not complaining. I'm just very befuddled. Kudos to all you parents out there. They go through more than us teenagers give them credit for.

2 comments:

Red said...

I am a parent and my daughter is with me at nearly all the time. Yes she gets out, but usually it is with me or her Father.

When we first started home schooling I thought we would choke one another, but you know what? We didn't. We have bonded like I never thought we would.

Don't get me wrong, we are not the Gilmore Girls, but we are darn tootin' close.

What I think makes our relationship different from must other mother/daughter relationships is that I am 100% honest with her. I try not to get to graphic when we discuss certain things, but she never walks away from a conversation and not know what I was explaining.

I never got that fom my mohter, so I swore I would talk to my daughter...and I do. She may not like what I say, but I will never lie to her, unless it is about a surprise party, and no, she is not getting one.

I think many parents think they are better than their children, and they are not, they are just children all grown uup themselves, many just have forgoten.

I hope my daughter appreciates our togetheness as much as I do. I know that even if my mother had homeschooled us, we wold not be that close, for she was all about her...not us.

Lonely Heart said...

I wish I had that kind of bond with my mom or my parents for that matter. I'm probably just too bitter and angry to even try. At least I'm honest with myself about that. I just want them to give me some space.

It just feels weird to have poeple, even my parents, know about my personal life. I wouldn't even know how to bring things up if I did want to talk. My dad told me not so long ago that he didn't know how to get through to me. The first thought that crossed my mind was stop trying.

To be frank, whenever they talk to me about something important I just stand there. I don't really speak; I just wait for it to be over. It's complicated to explain how I got to that point. But what I can say is that I tried to get across to them how I felt, and somehow they didn't seem to listen. So I gave up. I guess it doesn't help that I can't clearly articulate anything I'm feeling.

Maybe I just fear the outcome.