Sunday, August 31, 2008

Can I have a Band-aid please?

I've known about my dad's stomach problem for awhile now, but I finally learned how serious it is just a few hours ago. I don't know exactly what he has, or how fatal it could be. What I do know is that he is going to go to the doctor to find out how much of whatever is in his stomach can be removed. That is, if they can remove it at all. I really don't want to think about what could happen if they can remove anything. My dad has to be there for me...to be at my graduation, then my college graduation. Celebrate getting my first job, possibly walk me down the aisle, spend every holiday walking down memory lane, and watch rediculously old detective shows with me. He just needs to be there; it's as simple as that.

Maybe I'm just over reacting. Of course there is the possibility that I'm not. For one thing, my parents have only told my two older sisters, and not the rest of us. Perhaps it's so we wont worry so much. I for one would still like to know. Now every time I see him I just want to hug him and tell him how much I love him. That I never meant all the hurtful things I've said; That I'm sorry for the way I've acted; That I'm sorry for causing so much trouble,




4 comments:

Skippy said...

I'm sure whatever your dad has isn't too serious. And I'm sure your parents didn't tell you so you wouldn't worry. Although like you, I like to be kept in the loop.

Lonely Heart said...

I'm hoping it's not, but my sisters got real quiet when I asked what would happen if they can't get anything out of his stomach. I'm going to try not to worry so much...

Red said...

Go sit somewhere, and be alone...remember I told you about the difference, well this is where that comes into play. It could be in your parents car, or in the garage somewhere, or in the backyard. You may need some relaxing music...sorry, Breaking Benjamin does not count(And yes, I know who they are).

Find yourself some massage, meditative music and clear your mind. Most poeple have so much clutter up in that noggin that they cannot see the trees for the forest. Now let your mind go, clear it out, make it empty. So you can concentrate on all that is positive.

There is something called the Law of Attraction. To put it simply, you will get back what you put forth. For instance, and we will use your dad as an example(Sorry dad), if you think he is going to be sick...then guess what, he will be sick. So let go of any and all negativity. I know that is hard, for your mind races back to what it has been trained to do...se the glass half empty.

Well I am here to tell you otherwise. Positive connection is out there, and all you have to do is find it...and use it to your advantage. You are not abusing anything, you are just calling on what you already have, and that is the Power of Positive Thinking.

Throw out thee old ways and begin anew. Remember what I told you before? Who makes the choices? You...not them.

And I will be sending good thoughts out for your dad.

P.S. If you get the cnance, please visit a websit for me. There is a DVD and CDrom book, that you might be able to get from the Library. It is called The Secret. It changed my husbands life. I may even blog about it just for you...*wink wink*

Lonely Heart said...

I'm seeing a common theme (haha).
I scream pessimist, and it's true. Positive thinking has never been a strong point for me. But in my current situation, clearing my head is probably just what I need.

Good thing I love all types of music = ] I'll definitely work on finding something a little more claming.

Once again, you have amazing advice. Seriously. I most certainly will look into The Secret, and a blog will be appreciated, but don't feel obligated to write one