Thursday, March 19, 2009

You Can't Trust Everyone.

Photobucket


I really can't believe what just happened; I feel so bad for my sister. In my last post, I told you all that she potentially got this amazing nannying job this summer. Plans were being finalized, and things looked like they were going to work out perfectly. The family was from London, and they were coming over to edit a film. Then the woman, Sara(h) Wilson, was going to send my sister a check from which she was going to deduct her first months pay and wire the rest back to Sara(h)'s agent.

My dad started to think something was up. Who would let their one year old some be watched five days a week at a complete stranger's house? As it turns out, something was up.

At work this morning, My dad started talking to one of his co-workers about the situation: He thought something something was up too, so he started to check things out. The whole nanny job was a complete scam. The website my sister posted the ad on has recently had a lot of problems with this. My dad's boss look at the check, and there were numbers missing on the bottom. If my sister would have cashed the check, and sent to remaining amount to the agent, the check would have bounced. My sister would have have owed the bank a lot of money that she doesn't have.

We're so lucky we caught this when we did. I'm am so angry about this right now. This is another prime example of the depravity of human nature. You can't trust anyone, and I would really like to trust people. I trust people till they give me a reason not to. And my dad is reminding all of us that you have to be a little suspicious of people you meet.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

holy crap. that really, really sucks. at least you guys caught it early.

i love that picture.

Alayna Whisper said...

And this is why i have trust issues. the whole human race dissapoints me. oh hey i tagged you. =]