Sunday, April 5, 2009

Unwanted.

I have to speak up about something that has been bothering me a lot lately: Abortion. I know some people are tired of hearing about this and just want women to have their own choice and be done with the matter, but I'm not about the stand here and let millions of children die. Since when do we have to right to say who is human and who isn't? Who the hell do we think we are? That a woman can get pregnant and decide the baby isn't worth keeping. What's worse is if the woman finds out her child has a disability and decides to abort the pregnancy. What is the world coming to?

If you're going to engage in premarital sex, then you're going to risk getting pregnant. I hear abstinence is a great way to avoid getting pregnant if you don't want to have kids just yet. Why not put the baby up for adoption if you really don't want him/her that bad? It's way better then killing the child because, let's be honest, abortion is murder. I don't care how many reasons you have justifying abortion.

The newest form of abortion is the partial birth abortion. This sickens me.
http://www.nrlc.org/ABORTION/pba/diagram.html
Here are some diagrams detailing what happens during a partial birth abortion. Or here's the latest way to murder your child: Telling a nurse to go put the newborn baby in the morgue. The baby is left there for hours until he/she dies. How inhumane is that? Here's a link on the negative effects abortion has on women. http://www.abortionfacts.com/literature/literature_928YC.asp. Personally, I think many people over look the effects of abortion. Just because a woman has the choice, doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

I wanted to find this one article written about the legalization of murdering unwanted wives. It was a satire on abortion and took it to the extreme to show how wrong abortion really is. But I will just have to settle with giving you all the link to A Modest Proposal by Jonathan Swift.
http://art-bin.com/art/omodest.html


On March 31, my sister and I participated in Red Envelope Day. An empty red envelope was to be sent to President Obama. Each red envelope represents a child that died because of an abortion. On the back of the envelope, we were supposed to write, "This envelope represents one child who died because of an abortion. It is empty because the life that was taken is now unable to be a part of our world." Together, my sister and I went to the mailbox, prayed over the envelopes, and put them in.

Think about this, how would you feel if you were unwanted?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you completely. And FOCA is a giant bitch slap in the pro-lifer's efforts! And in my opinion abortion would hurt more and be more traumatizing than giving birth because our bodies aren't made for it.

And I love the picture that goes with this, I'm impressed.

Lenore said...

i agree...its cold blooded murder. and about what u said on premarital sex, ur so right.

what is the world coming to? If the world doesn't end on it'd own...us humans will surly end it by ourselves...disasterrrr.....

ur right, at least put the baby up for adoption. Who are we to decide who dies and who lives?? ugh

great post...seriously. and i lurve the pic...goes so well with what u wrote!!

btw, i have some bad news about the dude i like...woah.

xoxo

Lenore said...

thanx!! its nothing too big..i think i'll just send u a private message on twitter...

but it really sorta ticked me off...lol

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I really don't have a way with words (I speak in vowels when I don't know what to say) and I don't think I could ever insult someone cleverly. I know he's not boyfriend material but that works out great because I'm not the girlfriend type.

And I know I'm making excuses for him which is really really unhealthy. But we're not married so if these things keep going on I can just walk away. (I'm not the only one with this problem, my best friend also likes a guy who verbally abuses her)