Tuesday, September 2, 2008

5 more minutes please?

Yes, it's that time of year again where goodbyes to summer are in order, and the dreaded alarm is set. School is starting up, which means sleep deprivation, the coffee maker on overdrive, exams to study for (or should I say cram for), and friends to share it all with. No more lazy days, no more sleeping in, and no more freedom. Ok maybe we still have a little freedom. Now all we have to do is make it through the next nine months. Easy right?

I start school tomorrow bright and early. To tell you all the truth I'm definitely the farthest thing away from a morning person. Getting up at 5 in the morning is not my cup of tea. Here's the funny part: I'm going to two schools this year. I'm going to Providence 4 days a week and Connection every Wednesday starting September 10. I will have no social life or time at all; The brilliance of it all was it's my choice. I'm not dreading it yet, but I'm not happy about things either. Although, I'm very excited about going to Connections because it will be something new. I've been at Providence for the past ten years (!). Time for a change...again easy right? Wrong. The two school thing was a compromise between my parents and I.

So it's time to don my uniform, and put my thinking cap on. We'll see how well I make it though the coming months. Maybe...just maybe I'll survive it all.

3 comments:

Red said...

I am a homeschooling mother, and my son almost rises with the chickens, and my daughter gets up in just enough time to have lunch...go figure.

My son dives right in with his schooling and my daughter usually gets going sometime after lunch...to each his own.

And yet it works. I sit with my daughter and we do math together, for that is her most difficult subject and due to the fact that she wants to dual enroll at our community college next fall, she has a lot of catching up to do. Algegra I by next fall. Bite the bullet and do what you have to do to get where you want to be,

Will it be an easy road? I think not, but it will be oh-so-worth it when you finally grab that brass ring. For you did it all by yourself. Nothing is more gratifying and satisfying then to step back and say, "I did that, and no one helped me."

Skippy said...

I hate getting up early. It really really stinks. Especially if it's extremely early, like the sun hasn't even gotten up early. The madness! And I do not do well with lack of sleep, lots of yawning, and complaining. It's good for me and the rest of the people I deal with to let me sleep.

I wish you luck with school, and the homework that I'm sure will follow. At least you don't have to worry about what your going to wear...is you uniform nice...maybe even cute?

Lonely Heart said...

This year, because I'm going to two different schools, I am able to audit two classes (as long as they're not core classes). Of course, I never got the chance to sit down with my parents to figure this out before school started. Talk about flying by the seat of your pants. I met with my Principal today, and we both decided that Bible and Music were the classes that I would be auditing.

I wasn't exactly happy about that because I was really hoping to find sme way out of Rhetoric. The teacher says public speaking, and I head for the hills. Unfortunately it's a graduation requirement. At least for my school.

I have a lot of attitude adjusting to do, so I can successfully make it through this year. Think positive. Easier said than done for me.

Doesn't help either that I have insomnia. I got about an hour of sleep the night before school: Coffee never tasted so good. I'm pretty much a dead girl walking.

Personally I wish I could wear regular clothes instead of a skirt, polo, and sweater. I'll try to find a good pic of my uniform. All I can say is it's better than most.