Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Complete Act of Stupidity.

Please do not judge me over this: I know what I did was horrible, but I didn't know what else to do. I just hope that this will be a lesson to whoever reads this to not do what I did today.

I guess this is my 50th post as well.

I went over to my N's house yesterday and watched movies. The Omen is yet another lame movie: It wasn't even scary. It's tradition to watch a funny movie right after a scary one (or not-so-scary one as the case often is), so we watch Scary Movie. LAME! It was actually really disturbing more than funny. We went to sleep at 11, which is also a first considering most of the time we finally crash at around 2 or 3 in the morning. When we woke up, we decided to go to the mall and just chill. Perfect timing because today happens to be my brother's birthday, so I went shopping for his present.

N. has a license, but her six months isn't up yet, so she can't drive anyone except family. We sat in her truck while she called her mom over and over again. No answer. Her mom was supposed to take me home, and N. was supposed to go to dance. At 3:00, N. decided just to drive me home. Yes, I know that it was illegal.

That being said, what happened next was icing on the cake. (note the sarcasm). We were at a three way stop, and she started to pull forward when out of no where a white car practically appeared in front of us. She hit the passenger's side really good. There was glass all over the road, and the other car was totaled. Both of us freaked out. What we were doing was already illegal, and now we were in an accident. Immediately I told N. that I had to leave. I couldn't be there when the cops came. WRONG MOVE ON MY PART! She agreed. I took my stuff and left. I felt so bad for leaving her, and should have just stayed no matter what the consequences were. I went back to the mall and called my dad to come pick me up. While I was waiting for him, I heard sirens and saw that police, a fire truck, and an ambulance were surrounding the accident.

I quickly texted my friend and told her to call me later. She texts back and said there were 30+ witnesses who saw me leave, and that made things worse. Right as I read that a cop walked right in front of me. I got the hell out of there. There were cops looking for me, and I was scared shitless. I took off the bright blue coat I was wearing, put up my hair, and sat in the in a secluded area. I texted K. cause I needed someone to talk to. My dad finally came and I started to calm down. We even passed by the accident.... When I got home N called me. As it turns out, she saw no point in denying I was there, so she told the police and because she was honest they took it off her ticket. She also gave them my cell number and told me they might call. I guess the officer was really nice and even the paramedics were joking about how big N's truck is.

The officer understood that we were scared about what had happened, and said in the future that I should remain at the scene of an accident. "DUH!" is probably what you're all thinking, and you're right. I was an idiot for leaving.

5 comments:

Lenore said...

*cracks up* i'm sorry, i cannot help it...That is the sorta thing that seems like crap when it happens, but u laugh bout it in a year. But u shouldn't have left her. but anyway...Everyone does stupid stuff all the time. But u just have to learn from it. pluss it sounded kinda cool when u said that the police were looking for u...sorry, but it did...Like u were really bad...haha. I'm sorry. but anyway it was stupid, but we're not judging u...we probably would have done the same.

xoxo

cady said...

well, we all make mistakes. And I can't say I wouldn't have done the same thing had I been in your shoes. Actually, I don't know what I would have done. But I've found that hugs tend to work better than judgments.

Lenore said...

well, u did sound kinda bad-ass. lol. cuz i can imagine u running through the mall, taking off ur coat...bad-ass rock music in the backround...haha, im sorry, random director moment.

yep, it does sound very surreal.

It would be soooo cool if i was able to say "the cops were looking for me..." ^_^

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad. I probably would have done the exact same thing. At least you're not in serious trouble.

The_Brain said...

I can't really judge you, when the adrenaline takes over it's difficult to stay rational. Lol,the "fugitive" part with you acting like in the bourne ultimatum was funny though...Your friend seemed really in control, that's great of her in this situation...I just hope no one was injured.