Friday, September 12, 2008

Careful what you wish for

It surprises me how many of us wish time would go just a little faster. "I can't wait till I graduate." or "I can't wait till I move out." etc. Yeah that will all happen in time, just wait until it does. Time goes by faster then you think. Pretty soon you'll look back and wish you had all that time back. I think we take the time that is given to us for granted; we're impatient for the rest of our lives to finally start. But are you ready for all the responsibility life throws at you? I'm certainly not ready for that yet. I'm not ready to pay my own bills, and all that jazz. Could you handle it?

I was talking with some friends about a bunch of stuff like the economy, health care, college, jobs, and, yes, even marriage (well more the stuff that bugs us about it). Then it hit me - more like knocked the breath out of me - I am scared about what the future will bring. Struggles and joy, tears and laughter - all of which make up this crazy thing we call life. Just not all in that order, and maybe more downs then ups. Who knows? This just made me realize that I need to enjoy every moment I have; even though, it may not be all that peachy at times.

No, time doesn't come in a bottle, and no it can't be rewound. Life may not seem easy at times, but that just makes us love the moments that truly do take our breath away. Don't rushing through life: Take time to smell the roses.

6 comments:

Mr Bam-bam said...

wow i love it. and i agree wholeheartedly no matter how much is happening take time and sniff the roses and have a beer :)
it sounds like you have recovered well from the whole friends leaving thing keep moving up the ladder :)

Anonymous said...

You're reading my mind.

I was just at my grandmothers house helping her move and I was getting all emotional because I'd spent Christmases and Thanksgivings and summers there my whole life and now I can't do that anymore. It really hurts. I really DO wish I had more time. I mean, really, we only have what? 80? 90? Years to live? That's not that long.

Red said...

Most of you that read Lonely Hearts blog are kids. And I do not mean that in a condescending way. You are just younger than me.

Trust me, it seems like yesterday that I graduated high school...got married...had my two children...watched one of those children graduate.

Do I feel old? Not really. My mind tells me I am young. I enjoy life, but my chronological clock is telling me otherwise. I am lucky at my age to be as healthy as I am. And how do I know this, because my neurosurgeons office told me so.

But time marches on and I swear I was just born yesterday....NOT!

Live life, live it now, for tomorrow it may all be gone and you do not want to go to your grave saying, "I wish I had..."

Nicole Linette said...

No, I don't want to grow up either :( But at the same time, I want to get out and experience so mnay things. It's tough.

thanks for linking up my blog, I'll do the same for you :)

peace&love
nicole.

Glass Mannequin said...

Well, I was scared out of my mind only three weeks ago, until I decided that my life was going to be determined by the Marines. Suddenly, I wasn't drudging towards the rest of my life but I was ecstatic that I had a set plan for the next couple decades at least.

I think that it's all about knowing what you want to do with the time you have.

Anonymous said...

I think we have to look back at each day and see how much we've accomplish even if its really small. But just be thankful we got to do some of things we had to do, and wanted to do.

Yet, there are times you just stay stressed because of a certain class, person, even the weather.

I guess you have to juggle every day.