Saturday, September 13, 2008

Music is Life.


Opening Credits: Bleeding Love - Leona Lewis

Waking Up: Mi Mancherai (Il Postino) - Josh Groban (wish I knew what that meant)

First Day At School: On My Own - Three Days Grace

Love: Dandelion - LFO

Fight Song: Dance Floor Anthem - Good Chalotte

Breaking Up: She's Out Of My Life - Josh Groban

Prom: Shake - Ying Yang Twins

Life: Oceano - Josh Groban

Mental Breakdown: The World Has Turned And Left Me Here - Weezer

Driving: Everything I Am - The Veronicas

Flashback: Karama - Alicia Keys

Wedding: It's All Over - Three Days Grace

Birth of Child: Supermassive Black Hole - Muse

Final Battle: Remember Me - Josh Groban


Most, if not all, actually are true. Scary. But the songs that happened to answer this quiz don't really show the wide variety of music I listen to. Like I said before, I'm always listening to music. Whether it's getting ready in the morning, driving in the car, folding laundry, to finding something to fall asleep to. Music is expression and a powerful thing. Now I'm just a listener really, never tried to pick up an instrument and learn to play anything. Of course, I guess some people would say one's voice is an instrument, and if that is the case, then I use an instrument daily. I love to sing: I don't care if it's singing along to whatever's on the radio, or a choir piece. I've been in a choir ever since 2nd grade: Soprano naturally. My voice is definitely a gift, and one I've been afraid to really share until now.

Moving on. I'm kinda all over the place when it comes to what I listen to. Plus the fact that the genre of music I'm into is always changing. For example, earlier this summer I was really into techno and electronica, and by the end of the summer I loved screamo, emocore, rock, and hardcore/post-hardcore music. I do, however, draw the line at most country and modern jazz (I really like the 1920s sort of stuff, but don't get a chance to listen to it all that much). I do pride myself on trying to find things that most people wouldn't even think of listening to. The other day I was listening to Skip Divided by Thom Yorke, and my sister was disgusted. Yes, most of the music I listen to most people would consider worthless incoherent babbling or just depressing. If you think about it though, all the popular songs you hear on the radio are just about sex, drugs, and the ins and outs of love. I have nothing against those songs, but sometimes you need more then just that to listen to. I feel that the incoherent babbling or depressing music I listen to is more meaningful. Poignant. It's about something.
Keep commenting <3


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the sympathy. Those girls really don't know what I'm about and it makes them feel better to tear different people down.

I listen to a lot of gothic and emo music like Voltaire, Siouxie and the Banshees, Fall Out Boy, and Evanescence. But then there are all the show tunes I have too . . . ;-) You have cool taste in music, too.

Red said...

First off, I am seriously going to adopt you. there are only a handful of kids your age who appreciate Josh Groban. I could listen to the man FOREVER!

Secondly, love, and I do mean love that hairstyle you are wearing in your photo. I used to be a hairdresser and sha-BAM, you nailed it Chicky.

I do not listen to a wide variety of music, and I openly admit it. But the stuff I do listen to is quality and stands the test of time.

Love the layout of your blog!

Red said...

P.S....the main reason I came to comment! Duh me.

Mi Mancherai means: I Will Miss You.

Who's yer momma now?!?!?

Skippy said...

If you like techno try mind.in.a.box, me and my bro LOVE THEM. Plus they are really great to dance to, I love that pounding beat that is loud and clear some songs have. It's quite intoxicating.

Listening to music everywhere is a must for me too.

Lonely Heart said...

OMG! I would do anything to go see Josh Groban live. I could listen to him forever too: His voice just makes you melt.

Thank you for the hair complement = ]
YAY! Red you are AMAZING! Mystery solved.

Skippy, I checked into Mind.in.a.box, and they are good!

Sara Bear :) said...

music IS life. and life IS music in its own way. i love those shuffle things and no they never do show how much variety there is in anyones library. my music taste is soo scattered too. thanks for the comment. :)