Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Trick or Treat

Oh it's that time of year again: The time when you finally accept that Fall is here (at least for me). Let's break out the pumpkins, ghosts, witches, and cobwebs, set a bowl of candy by the door, and cuddle close to or friends or family while watching a scary movie. Little kids (and some not-so-little kids) run around neighbor hoods filling up pillow cases of candy. It's time to make the yearly trip to a haunted house or corn maze. You can literally taste the excitement in the air. Party stores stock up on various halloween costumes, which are nearly snatched up instanely. Anything goes tomorrow night.

Last year was the Third time I went trick or treating (shocking, I know). I went with two friends and my sister. I nearly froze, but still had a ton of fun.


Here we all are, cute as ever. Starting from left to right: Me the fairy, my amazing friend R. the cat, my sister M. the...well we're not exactly sure what she is...and K. the 80's dancer. Of course, everyone thought I was a butterfly: It annoyed the heck out of me. I would mutter to the group, "Omg! I'm a fairy!" To which they would reply, "Um you look like a butterfly." Oh well. Other then that, some odd things happened, and then we quickly went back to K's house to watch The Messangers and warm up. The year, however, I'm not going to be something as cutesy. I am going to be a dead school girl. Interesting...I think yes.

What's everyone else going to be?

Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a Ring Wraith dressed in all black and a cape with a black horsey head on a stick. I'm 16 I'm still going trick-or-treating!

Red said...

I am forty-flipping-six years old and I still love Halloween. I do not get to dress up much since my surgery, but I do when we have a homeschool event.

I love the crispness in the air.

Anonymous said...

It is not scary AT ALL. I am the easiest person in the world to scare and it didn't scare me. It's mostly about the trial. And it has a happy ending. If you watch it by yourself you won't be terribly scarred.

Anonymous said...

Winnie the Pooh: The Search for Christopher Robin creeped me out more than Emily Rose. Although if you'll replay the demon's voices in your head while you're trying to go to sleep . . . ok, I see your point.